Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What I do with my weekends



I have to work tomorrow, but I don't feel like sleeping.

Last weekend was my first weekend as a employee. It's the time of the week that everybody around my little cubicle looks forward to. Talking about around my cubicle, there is this woman, S., who from the first sight of her, I knew she wasn't like the rest of our group at Industry Canada. Picture a fake-tanned middle aged blonde (real or not? dunno) woman, neck to shoulder length hair, with slight weight due to age, but not exactly fat. The first time I was introduced to her, I felt some kind of negative "energy" (shit I sound like a freaking joke). Anyways, she was in the cubicle right next to mine. During the first week, I never really talked to S., just a slight smile when eye contact was made. I also avoided her when it was easy to do so. Days went by, and I obviously hear things from her cubicle. I first gather that S. was some kind of secretary for some bigger boss/economist, since he was always calling up on S. for administrative stuff. Little by little, I hear her sometimes complain to herself "shit" "fuck" "gimme a break gosh" "are you kidding me", sometimes calling up her friends to do some chit chat. And obviously, in front of M., she was always very politically correct and ideal, but I always felt some annoyance in her speech. I'm pretty sure she hates her job.

This is to show some iconic office life of the 20th century. People longing for Friday, hating Mondays, cursing their bosses in the back, complaining about the bureaucratic system, etc... Obviously This is not an ideal workplace. I am sure this has improved in the 21st century, with more innovative business structures and management principles, but the government always lags behind.

So onto the topic I originally wanted to talk about...

Last Saturday was rainy, so Xiaotian and I went to the Museum of Civilization, apparently one of the greatest museums of Canada. And like everyone, we walked around, not too impressed, and took photos of interesting stuff, with our cellphones...

This was apparently some thing to wack fishes with. But XT and I thought it was more some kind of prehistoric dildo.

Jen, this is totally your sweater with bears on it, but this one belonged to Amerindians.

No comments

Guess where did you see this before? and YES you DID see it before.

Glen Gould's Steinway. Too bad I never met him in person. Died so young at 50, in '82. One of the few extraordinary Canadian pianists.


And Sunday, I made fennel pork chops.
Long story... I will update this post later cuz I really need to sleep now. Check it out later, cuz there's a video of me. and videos of me are awesome

5 comments:

  1. Don't be hatin on my sweater. My sweater is vintage. I'm wearing history on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jen, this is totally your sweater with bears on it, but this one belonged to Amerindians."

    somehow that seems like a very very funny joke. coffee bursted out of my mouth. im going to post this thing anonymously but im sure you know a guy who drinks coffee at 0:03 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no i dont.
    but now i know you're a guy
    or are you

    ReplyDelete
  4. but i might know who writes '0:03 AM' instead of 'midnight'

    stop drinking coffee at midnight and go sleep

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter