Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ottawa




So it's been three days here at Ottawa. Time for a post. Read it.

April 30th around 11:00am, I arrive to Ottawa. The sky is sunny, temperature is mellow, perfect day to be moving in.
I had arranged accommodation with a nice Korean girl (never met in person, but seemed pretty chill), graduating this summer, subletting me her UofO residence for a good price. I have the bigger room among my 3 other roommates as well. Apparently, one of my roommates was to be a chinese girl, nice.
After I arrived, I went to the housing office to pick up my keys. Having gone up the stairs, into the office, I see a whole bunch of people waiting in the room, and thought, damn it's gonna be a while. Weirdly enough, I was served immediatly, speaking English to a Quebec accented secretary/receptionist of some sort, and I realized that we were not to move in until May 1st. Only after some time I noticed that ALL those people waiting there we're in the same situation as me. We got struck by bureaucracy. ggnoobsglhf-ed by bureaucrazy.
Thankfully, there was a solution to this. I could contact my subletter and ask her to send them an e-mail saying she allows me to take over the room a day sooner. And I did. But bam, noon arrives, lunchtime. Only at 2pm I was able to get my keys.
Finally moving in, I opened my temporary 4-month home door, and I saw the foretold expected chinese girl. But, unexpectedly, she's extremely fob (not in the asianess kinda way, but literally fresh off the boat way), is at least 30 years old (graduate studies in UofO after working in China), and has a HUSBAND (not in rez though), not to mention not very good looking. gg...

5pm. I walk to the bus terminal to pick up Sylvia, a friend visiting Ottawa on the way back to Waterloo. (This is where the first picture of the dangling shoes was taken) So we took a quick tour of Ottawa.

This is me posing. I realized afterwards that I took this pose unknowingly from Usain Bolt.

I was gonna climb the statue, but my parents called while I was standing on the ledge.

No interesting comment on this one.

I also went to my workplace.

I didn't go in yet because there's a security guy guarding the elevator. I'm working on the 10th floor. If I get an office with a window, G_G.

May 1st. Another day to go chill out. The Tulip Festival is supposed to start today but...

Looks like everybody's a procrastinator.


Look at the squirrel with a bagel!

Oh wait! It saw me...


So it climbed on a tree with the bagel. I didn't pay attention to how it did that with a bagel in hands, but now that I think about it, wtf pro?

Anyways, this day we walked on Sparks, nothing too special, except the stamp shop/museum. And went to the currency museum.


Talk about inflation...

For the fobs out there who have never seen the 2$ Canadian bill.

And that was pretty much the day, with lunch at some modern business school offspring neo-fast-food called Toss It Up (it's not a chain. it's the only one). http://www.tossitup.ca/

May 2nd. I take Sylvia back to the terminal, and

On my way back, I run into Jeevan. o.O What ze fuck. He went to the same CEGEP as me, and I had absolutely no idea he was here at UofO. He's a big douche,

but he's chill. Gave me good Indian food, and showed me around town.

So this is pretty much it until now, 3:18pm May 3rd.
Xiaotian just arrived, gotta go crash his place.

Peace.

$39.78

5 comments:

  1. Mom wants me to tell you, you look sexy in your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how did you do on that incredibly brutal course whose incredibly brutal midterm inspired you to start this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun there david!! i'll prolly pass by soon, when i miss u :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice building.
    the squirrel in the tree is a nice picture.

    looks like fun! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anonymous #2: Well.. it turned out to be my best course. :)
    To Anonymous #3: You miss me already, it's just about when you can't hold it in anymore.
    To asaingurl: Yeah I'm proud of that picture ^^

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter