Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh my gawd, shoes <3
















A few minutes ago, I noticed tha my roommate has a lot of shoes. 7 pairs actually. So we had a discussion about if this was a lot or not.

Being a math student, I relied on scientific methods. So, I made a test sample from girls.
Reponses given were:
11-12
15
"Good question, ALOT"
7 \\ Comment: that should be a data anomaly
9 and most of them are at home
13 (15 with soccer shoes)
11

Explanations giving for the unexpected high amount of shoes revolve around having multiple pairs (to match outfits), for multiple events.

Hence, I developped a mathematical model
Number of pairs of shoes = k * (# contrasting outfits) * (# of contrasting events)
where k is called the girliness coefficient, also known as pickiness.

My conclusion is that I was wrong about my roommate. I think he had a normal, maybe slightly above average number of shoes.

I have 4...

(If you feel your privacy has been breached,.... I'm not doing anything about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter