Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rejected.


Yesterday was Friday.
Friday is usually a good day because the two next days are Saturday and Sunday.
But not this Friday.

I'll tell you the story of how I wanted to extend my friendship to a newly met person, and got slapped back to reality which is this cruel cruel world of self-isolation.

I first met this person in my floormate Arush's room, early in the semester of Fall 08. Nothing really, just quick introductions, the kind of introduction you make when you know you'll never see that person again. And I never really did.. I think.

But then, five or six months later, I was making my way into MC, waiting to get screwed over by Prabhakar Ragde's sadist CS exam, the one that made me start the blog (refer to 1st post). As I was walking around and looking at the other students, I faintly recognized that person. Usually, I wouldn't do anything, but sometimes, one feels unexplicably different from their usual self. So, I put my ego on the side for a moment and talked to this quasi-stranger. After 10-15 minutes, it was time to get mentally raped by PR.

After the exam, we obviously exchanged a few words about how crazy that exam was, the usual hate-spiel. And that was it.

(Entr'acte: Oh yeah.. after adjustments, I got 94 in that exam. Adjusted avg was 62-63. It's weird how I sometimes totally underestimate my mark and sometimes I totally overestimate. eg. First semester BU111W midterm, I expected high 80s low 90s, got 66. ye.)

This time, not too long after, I re-encountered this person while rushing to my Econ class. I recalled the person's name this time, but it wasn't reciprocated. Oh well, shit happens.

So this brings me to yesterday, Friday. Once again, I was at Arush's with Hao, just chillin'. At one point, they came to an argument of how Yao Ming, if pronounced differently, can yield a weird meaning in Chinese, so they resolved in asking another Mandarin speaker. As they called that person, I asked Arush to say hi for me. He then passed me the phone. As I was keen on building upon a new friendship, or so I thought, I asked, d'une manière relativement boiteuse, "Would you like to go have lunch sometimes?"

And the person said, "Noo..."

$7.89

8 comments:

  1. i`m not a jerk..=[
    i would love to have a friendly lunch with you sometime. xD
    cept, i rarely eat lunch anywhere else but home since i get up at around 11.30 every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. d'une maniere relativement boiteuse...LOL I like how u phrased that.
    btw 94 in CS?!?!?!?! WTF....how the heck d'u ever do this?!?!? i got like 65 and I'm darn happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be because yesterday was the 13th. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. David is this a girl. Dam hot date again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, i`m happy with a 65 too.
    but yay for remarks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not yet mentioned the person's sex yet. Who is sevenses? Got a pretty huge blog. (thats what she said)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loll David would u ever ask a guy to have lunch someday? rofffllll

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter