Friday, March 27, 2009

The Godfather

Out of respect, I have no other choice but to entitle this post The Godfather, even though it's a pretty plain name.

Some of you might have heard about the legend of The Godfather in Waterloo. For those of you who have not, The Godfather is a... how would I put it... a burger made out of.... wait for it.... BURGERS.

This hexaburger is comprised of, well, six big burger patties (not those small V1 burger patties), three hugeass buns (and when I say hugeass, it's huger than your ass), melted cheese, many slices of bacon (cuz I didn't bother to count), and, last but not least, some healthy tomatoes. The patties were so oily and bloodclotting that the bacon on the burger looked pretty healthy. The tomatoes kinda added a touch of irony to this. Apparently, 3 pounds. But by the look of it, I'd give it 5. 2 of which is pure fat. The height of this megaburger measured more than the palm of my hand. Total to 20$, served with fries (or a salad if I remember correctly).

Located at Mel's Dinner, somewhere in the plaza, next to the HMV, The Godfather has triumphed over many macho guys. In fact, only 40 people have been able to finish The Godfather.

I was interested.

Diran, some of you might know, is quite an avid eater. So when he said he was hungry today, I proposed the Godfather challenge to him. Neither of us had seen this famous hexaburger earlier this day. So we, Diran, Yang (my roomie <3), Qiao (still single, ladies?), and I walked to the plaza.
As we got there, sat down, ordered it, the waitress seemed quite amused. When that 3 pounds of meat (I think the meat itself was 3 pounds) appeared on the counter, people looked at it in awe. The senior couple sitting next to us wished Diran luck.

And the adventure started:

and as the sun set...


Diran finished a third of the burger. If you think you can do better... go. try.
I don't think it was the sheer amount of food. I tasted it afterwards, and noticed how incredibly fat the patties were. I squeezed the meat, and abominable amounts of trans fat poured out.

Though Diran did not make the Hall of Fame of The Godfather, he has made the Hall of Fame inside every one of us, remembered for the rest of our lives, with a story to be told to our grand-children as an example of what not to do.

God bless Diran.

$31.65

4 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP.
    i wants to try it now. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. omggg i wanna eat! david lets go next time! hahaha <3 diran

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way.. did he have a stroke afterward? how.. big is he (or dare i ask.. she?)

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter